What is management? What do managers do? How do we manage?
These are standard questions that most of us in the management profession have been asked more than once. And questions we asked once in our careers too. Here, then, is a basic look at management, a primer, Management from our perspective.
Art and Science
Management is both art and science. It is the art of making people more effective than they would have been without you. The science is in how you do that. There are four basic pillars: plan, organize, direct, and monitor.
Make Them More Effective
Four workers can make 6 units in an eight-hour shift without a manager. If we hire you to manage them and they still make 6 units a day, what is the benefit to our business of having hired you? On the other hand, if they now make 8 units per day, you, the manager, have value.
The same analogy applies to service, or retail, or teaching, or any other kind of work. Can your group handle more customer calls with you than without? Sell higher value merchandise? Impart knowledge more effectively? etc. That is the value of management - making a group of individual more effective.
Related Industry Knowledge
- Brief introduction of Vacuum mug
- Technology of Vacuum Insulation cup
- The purchasing skill of vacuum cup
- The use method of vacuum insulation cup
- Precautions for vacuum flask
- Precautions for maintenance of vacuum insulatio...
- 304 Stainless steel mug and 201 stainless steel...
- The rust of the Thermos can be
- Classification and use of thermos flask
- The insulation cup has the function
- Maintenance Of Your Personal Mug
- Caution For Mug Usage
- General Suggestions For Mug
- Usage and Safty For Thermo Mug
- Mug Service
- Instruction for mug usage:
- SUPERIOR INSULATION
- Mug care instructions
- Plasticbag Suffocation Warnings
- Tumbler long usage tips